Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dr. Appt

We went to the Pediatric Dermotogist today. I had emailed several people this morning and asked them to pray and I was sitting in the waiting room and there was such a peace that came over me-I have only had that feeling a few times when I knew for sure that people were praying for something specific for me. I hate that trials that we have to go thru to get that peace yet the peace is undescribable. The derm. said that the spot definately needs to be removed on his head. She has referred us to a plastic surgeon that we will see on July 31st. She said that she is pretty confident that the spot is not cancer but that it needs to be removed due to the fact that it will continue to grow and will get thicker and there is more of chance of skin cancer due to his having this spot. As much as I hate that he is going to have to have surgery-they will litterally pull his skin away from his scalp and cut the bad skin out and then stitch it back together it is still much better than having Cancer. So many thoughts went thru my head today while we were at Vanderbilt. There is so much pain there and I couldn't help but feel like I really wanted to be able to make a difference there. When I was growing up I always said I was going to be a nurse in a pediatric unit and then somewhere in high school I forgot those dreams and they came back after getting married and having my first child but I never pursued it. I hate that I have never followed those dreams. I also hurt so badly for all of those parents that have kids sufferring in Vanderbilt. I can't imagine what they must be going thru. I also had the realization that I don't feel like I am a good enough person for God to answer my prayers-I sometimes think that if the "good" people pray for me there is more of a chance of God answering the prayer-kind of as if I think they have more influence with God then I do. I do know that it is not true but it does make me want to be a better Christian at the same time. This day has been full of many emotions today...I am not sure I can even blog them all but I thought I would try.

God Bless.

1 comment:

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

Lisa
Take from someone that has been there and experienced it! Its better to be safe than sorry! After having half my thyroid removed and it was determined that it was cancer, my options were to leave the other half of thyroid that had no tumors on it, taking a chance that maybe someday it could be cancer or it could never become cancer OR to have the second surgery to have the good half removed to be sure that I would never have thyroid cancer again. Did I want to have a second surgery and have my throat cut open a week after the first surgery? No of course not! But to prevent cancer of course there was no option! I learned in the past year all about the power of prayer and the inner peace you receive from the word of God! Here I am a year later totally cancer free and healthier than I have ever been! God Bless!! You are all in my prayers every day but I will add a special prayer every day for Tyler! Love you all!!