Thursday, May 24, 2007

All is quite and calm

I have the day off work tomorrow so I am staying up way later then I normally do. My husband and I are sitting on the couch while I type this and although we are not speaking i am really enjoying this together time with him just being alone in his prescence with no children right now is so refreshing. There is something about the quietness of night time that is really relaxing to me. My sister in law is undergoing Thyroid Cancer treatment and had to start her Radiation today and can't be around anyone for 48 hours and then she has to stay 6 ft apart from everyone for the next week. She is having a hard time so keep her in her prayers. i told her some people would change spots w/ her in a minute just to have life slow down for a moment and to get some peace and quiet. Isnt it sad how we can allow the little things in life to build up and drive us so crazy that we would trade places with someone with cancer just to have things slow down, just for the opportunity to not have anyone needing anything from you. To go to a place where noone has any expectations of you. We have got to learn to seek God and find peace in him. We have to take our issues to him before things get so out of hand. We have to remember that he is there for us and wants us to have peace but we must ask for it.

I get so stressed out at times and have to admit I have hoped i would get sick before, nothing serious just a cold just for the opportunity to be lazy and stay in bed. Why is it that we put so much pressure on ourselves that we won't relax until something forces us to relax. All of this went through my mind as i read my sister in laws blog and it has really made me think of how important it is to be good to yourself.

1 comment:

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

Why is it that we put so much pressure on ourselves that we won't relax until something forces us to relax.

you know it hit me as i read this in your blog i "preach" the same thing to bruce all the time when he works 60 hours a week..works himself into more stress and sick from lack of sleep and we dont spend time together. i need to practice what i preach..even though its not time i can spend with bruce because of radiation its awesome opportunity to spend with god! I started a book yesterday written by gloria copeland and its almost as if she had written just for me! i look forward to reading more of it today! God Bless!