Friday, May 4, 2007

They Are Growing Up..


I was talking to my oldest son today about all the things that are going to be going on near the end of the year that we need to get on our calendar. He has a final walk through the halls of his elementary school and a tour of the middle school that he will be going to. It finally hit me that he is not a little boy any more and the problems that we are going to face are going to get more and more challenging. I remember picking him up from preschool one day and him crying on the way home because he had a hole in the back of his levi shorts(I thought that was the style) and some kids had seen his underwear and laughed at him. I didn't know my heart could ever ache as much as it did when I realized I could not protect him from the world. I still remember his first full day of kindergarten, I rushed over to the school so excited to see how his first day went and when I got there and was leaving he just started crying and was mad at me because I had forgotten to pack a juice for him to have at snack time. I was devestated and felt like I had failed as a parent, little did I know that I was going to fail over and over and over again. I can only imagine what the next few years are going to bring. Whatever it brings I know that Trey is going to turn out just fine. I am very proud of Trey he has turned into a wonderful Christian young man. I thank God for him daily.


On a side note check out our new blog www.landjphotography.blogspot.com. Let us know what you think...

1 comment:

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

WOW! as the aunt to that young man I feel OLD! LOL! I remember coming to visit and picking him up from pre-school to spend time with him. Its hard to imagine him at the age is now. Doesnt he know he is supposed to stay little forever! God Bless Treyton!