Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Home again

We are back from Vacation. Let me tell you God is so good to us. We had a great flight on the way to Chicago and on the way back. We had wonderful weather. We were able to figure out the subway and the buses for the most part. There were two times that were a little scary. We realized that we were the only white people on the bus and that all the windows in all the buildings had bars on them. We had missed our stop and it was late on a saturday night. We had an 8oclock show to get to and ended up missing it but I called the theater and they were able to get us moved to a 10 oclock show. We had to ride the bus the whole entire route because it wasn't safe for us to get off anywhere and wait for another bus. I had a friend tell me prior to the trip that he was going to ask God to let me see what he wanted me to see and take me where he wanted me to go instead of me just seeing what I wanted to see. I prayed that prayer when we were lost and God opened my eyes to the fact that we are all his children no matter what we look like. I saw some very rough looking people on the bus but they were very friendly to us and helped us figure out where we needed to be going. I was thankful that God showed me that. I will write more about our trip later I just know that God is good and I thank him for our vacation.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Isn't it amazing how differently we see things when we simply ask God to give us those new eyes??

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

i thought of this post last nite when we were stuck on a train next to a lady with her very obnoxious loud screaming children. I felt myself getting irritated by the situation and then i just thought God placed that family next to me for a reason i have no clue what it was but there was a reason and I excepted that and didnt let it ruin what was a awesome day God Bless!