Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And my world stood still

I can now understand the true meaning of the saying my world stood still. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from a very dear friend of mine letting me know that the bus that was taking Trey and 59 other students from our church to camp in Kentucky had collided with a 18 Wheeler and that the interstate had been closed down. This particular friend is a very sturdy person kind of a rock and when she first called I realized she was crying and I knew it was bad. It was only 15 minutes or so before I heard that all the kids were ok but it wasn't until I got home and watched the news and saw Trey on T.V. that I really felt he was ok. I know that God has only given us these children to borrow for awhile to teach them about our Lord and the plan that he has for our lives but you NEVER want to think about your children being hurt. It is amazing how stressed out I can get with the kids sometimes and really want them to go away for awhile and then when something like that happens you realize you never want them to go. I heard the saying one time :God please give me the patience to deal with my blessings. I always think that applies to me and my children.

I can't wait for Trey to get home so I can give him a really big hug and tell him how much I love him. I am so glad that he went to camp and is learning how to start his day with quiet time just like Jesus did. I can't wait to hear about his experience. On a side note I was so frusturated with myself that I didn't stop to Pray when I found out about the wreck I pretty much just lost control and didn't think about God until a friend grabbed me and told me to pray. I can't believe that I didnt think of that first.

Let this be a lesson to me and my family to always tell each other that we love eafch other prior to leaving the house and remember that when the kids are fighting at least they are both there to fight with each other.

God Bless

No comments: