Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tooth Fairy JackPot

Well, we just got back from the hospital having Trey's seven teeth removed. I have never been prouder of him. He was so afraid and cried before we left the house and then cried right before they took him back but we prayed and I told him God would be with him. He told me he didn't feel him and it broke my heart but I promised Trey that he would be able to feel him when he needed him the most. He dried his tears and went with the nurse with his head held high. As a mother this was one of my hardest days. I had no doubt that he was going to be ok but knowing how afraid he was and how much pain he would soon be in and not being able to take that away from him and not being able to heal him broke my heart. I feel it is my job to protect my kids and I wasn't able to protect him BUT when they let me go see him in recovery he said I love you and reached for me and then he told me he had prayed right before he went to sleep. I was so proud of him. What great children God has blessed me with. Seeing Trey confront his fears today the way he did really made me see what a wonderful young man he is turning in to.

He was so high from the anthestigia and it was a little scary. He had such a far away look in his eyes adn was saying some really crazy things. I called Mike and asked him to come home from work. Not because I didn't think Trey would be ok but because Trey was so different from the person I knew that I wasn't sure how to handle him. He tried to eat some ice cream and ended up wiping it all over his forhead and his hair. He started crying because the stuff made him feel so weird and he has gauze all over in his mouth and so he can't talk and he was very very frusturated. Conner asked me how long he was going to be like that and was so sweet to his brother. He helped him with his icee and when I was feeding Trey so that it would get in his mouth and not his hair, Conner stood behind him rubbing his shoulders and playing with his hair. Conner later told me it was kind of scary seeing Trey that way. If only they could be that sweet to each other all the time but then i guess we wouldn't appreciate the moments they were that way so much.

I am going to go change his gauze but wanted to post an update as i know we have family that uses this to keep in touch.

God bless you

1 comment:

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

what great nephews i have! God bless them!