Sunday, July 8, 2007

A NEW START

First a quick update on Trey. Friday morning two of his stitches came out. The Dr. said that it was ok though that he would be ok and it would be fine for him to go on to Centri Kid Camp on Monday. He leaves tomorrow and will be gone until Friday. I am a little nervous as it is about 4 hours away. I didn't realize it was so far away when I signed him up.

I have started a new diet and am going to use this blog as an accountablity partner. Actually it is a new life style as I am going to be re programming the way I think about food as well. I have started Medi Fast. They sent me five weeks worth of food and I started it today. The program is very simple. You eat 6 small meals a day no more than 2 hours apart. You eat five of thier meals and then one of your own lean and green meal which consists of 5-7 ounces of meet depending on how lean the meat you choose is and 3 cups of vegetables. Today I had a choc shake, bannana pudding, cream of brocoli soup, a carmel nut bar and two vegetarian boca burgers with a tsp of ketchup and a tablespoon of mustart and three cups of lettuce with cucumbers, celery and radishes in it. I will have a vanilla shake later this evening. I think I will have consumed 800 calories which is thousands less then what I normally consume. They say the first three days are the hardest adn that you might not feel good at first but so far today I feel great. I think this program will take the importance off of food for me. Right now I live to eat and I am hoping this will teach me to eat to live. Today at church we were talking about love and we visited 1 Corinthians. I noticed several verses that seemed to hit me today and I am going to put them here so that I can remember them. The first one is 1 Corinthians 6:13-15
The bible says. Foos is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord and the Lord is for the body. Now God has not only raised the Lord but will also raise us up through his power. do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of christ and make them members of a prositute? May it never be.

It hit me that my body has been a prostitute to food for many years now and that it is time to make a change. I also read 1 Corinithians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God adn that you are not your own?

Our bodies were given to us by Christ to help glorify him. I am not using my body to glorify Christ when I let myself get so fat that I am ashamed to go to work, that I am embarrassed to go to Church, that I let it hold me back from serving in the areas in church that I feel called to serve in. I am not gloriying Christ with my body when I am ashamed to show it to my husband and withdrawl from him intimately. I am sinning by over eating and staying fat. It is time that I make a change that I get my body into the shape that will allow me to use it as a temple that will allow me to glorify Christ.

I am very excited about this venture. I am very scared of failing and doing so by publically putting this on my blog but I feel called to do so and know that I might be able to help others through this process as well. I only hope that tomorrow and the days that follow will be as easy as today was. I know there will be challenges but I must remmber that the Lord is my ROCK.....The Lord can fill me in ways that a snickers bar can never fill me. All the fattening foods do is help fill my jeans it does nothing for my spiritual self. So that is where I am now....someting to think about huh?

God Bless you