Sunday, April 13, 2008

And the good news is................................

Before I begin this post I have to ask you to pray for my neighbor Kelly who is on a missionary trip to Mexico. I have been thinking about her alot today and ask that everyone will pray for a wonderful trip for her and a safe return next Saturday night. Also pray for her family that they can make it through the week without her.

Now on to my post.....................
Last night Trey went skating. Mike went to go get him around 10:30 as always. When they got home Trey looked a little sheepish to me and said hi and ran up stairs. He then hollered down stairs dad you can tell her the good and bad news. Mike asked him if he was sure that he didn't want to tell me himself and Trey insisted that Mike could tell me. I was asking Mike what Trey was talking about when Mike replied that the bad news was that Trey had lost his money while skating...Ok I said then is the good news that someone found it? Mike said no. The good news per Trey is that he got his first kiss...I just sat there and said ok I am waiting for the good news. Mike started laughing and said I told Trey I wasn't sure that you would consider that good news. I said well I am still waiting for the good news. I then asked Mike what kind of kiss were we talking about? A peck vs an open mouth kiss..what you can't drop that bombshell on me and not have the details. Mike said that Trey didn't elaberate that he had just gotten in the truck and said I have good news and I have bad news. While I am flattered that my 12 year old son will confide in his dad and I, I am bewildered that he would think for a minute that I would consider him passing this major milestone at such an early age good news. I had to think had I egged him on? Had I said something to make him think kissing was a great feat to accomplish? I then realized that I got my first kiss at 14 and considering how much older kids think they are these days I guess it is about the equivelant. Still I had trouble kissing him good night last night as I bent down all I could think was that some other female had kissed those lips. Needless to say I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and spent a good portion of it praying that God would look over my quickly maturing son and that he would help him to surround himself with good people and to make good choices...

I have also learned that good news depends on whose perspective you are looking at it from.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, dear, I do dread those days. I'm thinking he knew it wasn't that good of news since he headed straight upstairs and had dad break it to you. ;)

Kelly said...

UGH. . . don't even want to think about that w/the boys, and with Lordes coming---YIKES.

Kelly said...

ok that kind of sounded like I was worried about the boys kissing Lordes---NOT what I meant. I'm worried about all the other boys who might want to kiss Lordes :o) You know what I mean :oP

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

trey is just like his dad,,,LOL!