Saturday, April 5, 2008

Just an array of things......

Gosh as I write this blog I am silently praying that KU gets beat out of the final four NCAA championship that is starting right now....Mike is an avid KU fan and if they win they will play Memphis on Monday night for the Championship game....so why am I rooting against them for the first time in 14 years of marriage??? Because I have enrolled us in a breast feeding class for Monday night...now you see the issue I have..Mike doesn't think he needs to go to the class because in his words-he already knows how to do that (I know more info then you needed but what a guy comment) He swears he will be the only guy there although i have called and verified that is not the case unless all the husbands plead out to watch the game. If KU wins I CANT make him miss the game to go to the breast feeding class so I may be posting on craigs list for a stand in husband for Monday night depending on the results of this game. The down side to KU loosing is that Mike will sulk all night as he thinks by his couch coaching that he is personally responsible for thier win or loss. I keep thinking KU should add him to thier payroll as much coaching for them as he does. I must say it is rather endearing to watch him and Conner watching the game. Trey has never been much into TV sports but Conner loves them and actually knows so many statistics that it amazes me. So watching both of them tonight sitting on the couch together hollering for KU is making me smile...

I owe Conner a little something but I am not sure what that would be..Last night I got nostalgic and started watching home videos-after I called around Smyrna to find someone who had a VHS tape converter for this mini tapes that our camcorder use to take. Trey is to cool to hang w/ us any more so he was upstairs on his phone w/ his girlfriend most of the night but Conner sat thru about 3 hours of home videos with us. He kept waiting to see some of him and kept asking when he was going to be on them. I think i have about 7 of these tapes and Conner made an appearance for maybe 2 hours of the tapes. (Have I mentioned he is the 2nd child?? Someone of you out there can relate wether or not you admit to it or not). We tried to blow it off saying that the camcorder stopped working shortly after Conner was born but because Conner wasn't born yesterday he knew that wasn't the truth. I felt so bad for him as he kept waiting to get a glimpse of himself doing all the cute things Trey was doing just to be told he wouldn't be seeing that anytime soon.

I just left Conners baseball practice and my heart is so full of grattitude. I have been so blessed for this whole pregnancy from wonderful friends of the past that have cropped up and done the most amazing things for me, to my great neighbors that have offered to help w/ the kids when the baby gets here to the moms on the baseball team that keep saying that they can't wait for this baby to get here to spoil him. The fact that people want to love on my baby and spoil him makes me so happy. How lucky is this unborn child that people are already falling in love with him. I am so blessed......

I hope you all have a blessed evening.. I guess I will go watch the game...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

OK, so I just saw that KU Won. Sorry. :( But I will offer you my husband for the class. He even has a little breast feeding experience himself. I meen he has seen me breast feed the boys, of course :o) What time is the class, I'll send Tim over to pick you up.

Ok, now seriously--what time is the class-I'll go with you. :-)

Kelly said...

How did your class go? I see Kansas won the game-bet Mike's Happy.

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

tell conner that aunt shelly doesnt have video but i have an entire album of baby pictures of him!