Sunday, February 24, 2008

Disappointment

Today we talked in Sunday School how even when we experience disappointment that God is still good. Our Sunday School teacher asked how we would finish this sentence. I experienced disappointment when.....she talked about how even the disappointments that you experience as a child play a big part in the adult you become if you don't turn it over to God. She talked about how God wants to be the salve that heals you if you just turn it over to him. How true that is..What a refreshing liberating feeling it is when you can say even though things didn't turn out the way I wanted my God is still good.

Tomorrow it will be one year since my grandmother passed away. It is amazing to think that a whole year has passed by since I last saw her. Technically it was a year ago today that I spoke to her for the last time. I got sad the other day thinking about what a huge part she played in the care of my boys when I brought them home from the hospital. With both boys my grandmother and grandfather came to vist me and helped me when I was on maternity leave. They brough boxes of clothes that they had bought at garage sales for my babies. The other day I got sad thinking how this baby will never know my grandmother his great grandmother and how when I come home from the hospital I won't be getting a visit from them. I think that will be a bittersweet time for me. I will be so happy to have my son in my arms in his home but so sad that my grandmother won't be there.

Please pray for a friend of my sons mother. My sons friend called him yesterday to tell him that his mother has breast cancer and is starting chemo today. It is amazing because this is a person that I have always thought had the perfect so called family. She has a boy and a girl has family here in Smyrna that they eat dinner with ever Friday night and has the most unbelievably gorgeous home. It hit me today that none of those things really matter when tragedy strikes. God can test any of us at any time and none of the material things will help us get through those tests. It is only when we rely fully on our Father and turn it over to him that our wounds can be healed. Please pray for this family

God Bless

Lisa

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Just said a prayer for you, and your friend.