Thursday, February 7, 2008

Long time no post

I have not posted in forever and still owe it to Conner to get his birthday slide show up here. Maybe by the time he is 10 I will have accomplished that. Time is slipping away from us slowly but surely. This past week has been very busy. I got a promotion at work on Friday. I have been promoted as an Officer of the bank. Along with that comes the great benefit of having four weeks paid vacation. I am loving that. We found out yesterday that we are having another boy. I guess we can start a 2008 in color version of MY THREE SONS. I didn't handle that news very well and am quite ashamed of myself. I pouted and screamed and cried and didn't talk to my husband at all after we found out. I just withdrew. Thank God that I have the best husband in the worl in my opionion and that he was kind and patient with me until I could finally get it out today about how disappointed I am. Truth is I am not sure that I would be good with a girl. I am not very girly myself but I would like to have one for the first 5 years and then I could pass her on when she got to difficult :) I think it was the realization that I would never have a daughter that hit me. That this truly will be my last pregnancy-that I am planning, who knows what God has in plan. I just shut down yesterday and couldn't look at anything baby w/out being mad and bitter. I even told God I was mad at him. I had to worn my friend at church last night that she might not want to sit with me as there was a really good chance that God was going to cave the building in on me. I talked to him today and told him I could imagine how disappointed in me he was that he gave me such a gift and I wanted to return it. How typical of us that we sometimes don't recognize the magnitute of what God has done for us. I am much better today. I was even able to look at cribs and buy a diaper bag. I am going shopping this weekend with a dear friend and althought she is more excited than me and I don't think I will ever get overly excited about buying boy clothes as they just aren't as fun as girl clothes, we will get through it and get some much needed stuff bought.

Trey has found it very amusing over the last week to come up and hit me in the stomach (not hard or anything, just enough to make it jiggle) I told him his brother was going to come out and beat him up. I heard him telling Conner last night can you believe we are going to have ANOTHER little brother. We are going to have a third kid running around. I think it just hit him for the first time what this all means. I know he will be a great big brother and have no worries about that at all. He had the chicken pox this week and it was so nice not having to worry about picking him up from school or doing homework but he was so excited to get back to school yesterday.

Just wanted to touch base

Have a blessed day

4 comments:

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

well look at this way! that girl would have never had a chance to be a girl anyway. her daddy would have turned her into a "tom boy" just like his dad did to his sister..and if her daddy hadnt her AUNT would have! LOL!! boy or girl its a blessed child of god!

Kelly said...

It is so refreshing that you can share your true feelings, and not just say what you think everyone thinks you should say. Ok that is coming out a little wordy, but I hope you know what I mean. God knows your true feelings, so it's better to be honest w/him anyway. You will love the little guy, and have fun dressing him, too. Even if there not pink, Gangster clothes are kind of cute :0)

WWGrlLuvs2Run said...

so have you come up with a name???

Jeanne said...

I kind of had the same reaction with my 2nd pregnancy. BUT....I would not trade my boys for another girl for ANYTHING! Trust me....teenage girls are NOT so much fun! Love them...but not fun!

One glimpse of that little guy when he gets here and you'll be smittened beyond all you can imagine.

Thanks for your transparency!