Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crazy Store Policies

I have no idea why I am even wasting time writing about this, I guess because I am bored and have ran out of things to do so I thought I would vent for just a moment. Mike and I went to Target and registered today for baby items. When we were done the lady said MAKE SURE EVERYONE GIVES YOU A GIFT RECIEPT because if you get duplicates and don't have a reciept you can't even get a store credit. She went on to say they knew that thier machines weren't synching with other Target stores and therefore lots of people were getting duplicates and that they have a very strict exchange policy so without a reciept you can't even get store credit. How tacky is that to have to tell everyone please give me a gift reciept. I knew they were having problems because I attended a baby shower of a co-worker a few saturdays ago. I had gotten her present a week earlier and made sure they scanned it and knew it came off her registry. She still got two more of those items and the people I spoke to said it was still on her registry as having not recieved one the day of her shower. It seems if Target knows they are having trouble they would make an exception as far as at least giving store credit. We also registered at Babies R Us and they tell you as long as something came off your registry then you can exchange it w/ no reciept I don't know why Target doesn't do this. Anyhow I just had to share this because a few weeks ago I was in Target trying to register originally but all thier scanners were broken and there was a lady w/ a cart full of baby stuff that she said was all duplicates I mean a cart full and they were telling her to bad because she didn't have any of the reciepts and I felt so sorry for her. Anyhow crazy policy huh? I am now done complaining and will try to find something constructive to do with my time.

Have a great evening.

4 comments:

Alison B. said...

me and super target are best friends
BUT
our biggest fight yet has been because of norah's baby registry. when we had showers, people bought tons of clothes. and i loved all of them, but wanted to exchange some for larger sizes because there is NO way she could have worn everything while she was in 0-3 months clothes. they would NOT even let me swap the same outfit for a different size. it was miserable. So many of her things were never even worn, or only worn once and then given away or sold at a consignment sale. i was SO ill with target and i tell everyone i know not to register there because of the hassle. same applies with wedding registries!

Kelly said...

Target better watch it. They don't know the power of a women scorned :0) They should really be more dilegent about giving the gift receipt, and explaing the policy when you tell them you are shopping for a gift registry.

Kelly said...

Target better watch it. They don't know the power of a women scorned :0) They should really be more dilegent about giving the gift receipt, and explaing the policy when you tell them you are shopping for a gift registry.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.