Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Did you pray??

Ok, here it is 10:30 on Tuesday morning and so far I have eaten-I can't belive I am about to do a public confession post but here it goes-I have eaten just since 6:00 this morning-5 Tag Along Girl Scout Cookies, 3 French toast sticks, a king size bag of Cadbury Chocolate easter candy, A mini carton of Easter Robin eggs candy and a 100 calorie pack of short bread cookies. My son has the flu and I am home with him today. My nerves have definately got the best of me today. As much as I would love to be a stay at home mom, I don't make a good working mom that has to stay at home. I feel to guilty about being home when I should be at work-funny because when I am at work and my kids are out of school I feel guilty because I am at work and not at home. I named this Blog DID YOU PRAY for a reason. Sunday night my son started to get sick I in my typical fashion (for a person who has so much faith I sure do like to worry, I think because that is in my comfort zone) I started worrying saying I can't miss work and we are flying to KS this week so you have to get better we need to pray. I prayed with both my children and by myself that God would heal whatever it was that my oldest child had so that he would not be sick, I wouldn't have to miss work and we could make our flight on Thursday. We woke up Monday morning and he was still sick and had a fever. I was trying to be funny and said Well, did you not pray?? My poor sick son just looked at me like gosh mom, kick me when I am down and I realized then that not only was I not funny but how careful you have to be when you are speaking to children or even non christians about God. I could have made him think well God didn't answer my prayer so why bother or God doesn't like me or he would have answered my prayer. I did tell him when I realized what I had done that sometimes God has different plans for us and we just have to go along for the ride and wait and see what is waiting for us at the destination point. I am sure now that he wishes he was at the destiantion point of this flu because he has a fever of 102, chills, coughing and all the other lovely syptoms that accompany the dreaded flu. I do know that when he gets better I will explain more about prayer and how it is God's will and not ours and that sometimes we should thank-God for unanswered prayers. Until then, I will just try to keep my foot out of my mouth.

God Bless you

No comments: