Friday, March 9, 2007

Practice what you preach, a good lesson in humility

Have you ever thought about what a great gift each morning God gives us is? It is like a brand new start, a new piece of paper to rewrite the wrongs of the day before. I had never thought about this until this morning. I am a morning person but that is also the busiest time of the day at our house. It is hard enough to get yourself up and out the door but add two kids that don't like to wake up and breakfast that has to be made, dogs that have to be let out and a husband to that mix and it is very hard to get out the door with a positive attitude. I didn't practice what I preach. I was trying to figure out how to get a child to the dentist and baseball practice all at the same time and was running late. My husband told me I looked nice today and not to get all stressed out about it and do you think I could have said thank-you for complimenting me or anything kind to him at that moment? You are right, I could have but did I NO??? I just ran out the door mumbling and complaining. I have prayed for my family to all be Christ Followers for longer than I can remember yet I have to ask myself when they see me acting this way-grouchy and not very nice to them WHY in the world would they want to be a Christ Follower. My family are Christians but the thought just came to mind that sometimes there are Non Christians that are actually nicer then Christians-now that could be a whole different blog.
I started to start this blog out by saying I ruined my brand new day that God gave me but as I sat here I realized that we are all forgiven if we ask forgiveness. Wow what a great gift that is. Now if my family could just forgive me as easily as God does.

God Bless

No comments: