Sunday, March 25, 2007

What A Great Weekend

This has been a wonderful weekend. I got up Saturday and went running with my friend Rhonda and we were able to go 7 Miles. That was so empowering to see that we can do this after all. I came home and picked my son up from his friends house where he had the best time getting dirty, stinky and just being a boy. They have a creek and now he is begging me to make a creek in our backyard, I can't quite get him to understand that it is not that easy. Conner had a baseball game so we watched that last night and then came home and grilled out. We sat on our deck and just enjoyed our family before heading over to our neigbhors to enjoy ice cream sundaes with them all and enjoy time with friends. It is now Sunday morning and I went out on our deck and ate breakfast and watched the birds bathe in the pool and listened to all that God has created. I did make the poor decision not to go to church today, I was being very selfish by wanting to lay in bed a little longer and enjoy all of the beautiful day. I realized it was the wrong decision when my youngest was upset that we weren't going to church. I had to explain to him that I had made a bad decision, I told him that I didn't want to miss a minute of this beautiful day outside. He was upset that we weren't going. God has given me the right type of kids to keep me accountable :)I promised him we would go on Wed and the following Sunday.

No comments: