Saturday, March 10, 2007

Running, running and more running

Today I got back on schedule with my training for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. I hadn't been running as much the last two weeks because of being out of town. I have a great running partner and we are able to motivate each other. It is funny how God puts people in your life to benefit you years down the road. I met Rhonda many years ago through baseball and the kids schools. I would have never guessed that we would be training for the marathon together. I don't exactly run and I don't walk so I have officially named what I do "Wogging" it is faster than a walk and slower than a run. Today we wogged 4 miles non stop and then between our warm up and cool down it was 1/2 a mile so that total was 4.5 miles. I am so proud of us and so thank-ful that God has given us the determination to keep going. I find myself praying more during my wogs then I do probably during the whole rest of the day. I have to pray in order to get through it. It is funny, I am always critical about different parts of my body and wishing that I was built different but today Rhonda and I were talking and I realized how lucky I am that God has given me legs, arms and lungs that work so that I am able to wog. Sometimes I take things like this for granted and I was thankful for the reminder.

God Bless

No comments: