Friday, March 23, 2007

Motivate Me....

The first thing I have to say is that I have the best kids in the world.( I am blogging this so I can remember next time I am frusturated with them) My neigbor took them to the Zoo yesterday and instead of getting something for himself as a souveinor my oldest son brought me home a bracelet. So here I am all dressed up for work and I have on my new bracelet with blue elephants all over it :) Isn't that great??

I ran last night with my friend and we went a total of 5 miles. We both have been getting a little discouraged with the progress that we are making but as I told her last night we started out planning on walking the half-marathon so ANY running we do is just a plus and I NEVER thought I would be able to run 5 miles when we started this training anyhow. After I got off the phone with her it hit me that it is so much easier to motivate others, be kind to others and even forgive others then it is to do these things for yourself. I don't know how many times in my life I have made a mistake and then beat myself up over it forever. In retrospect if someone else had made the same mistake I wouldn't have given it another thought. It is so much easier for me to encourage others and get them pumped up and believing in themselves then it is for me to do that for myself. I don't know why that is. I am going to start being as nice to myself and encouraging myself as much as I do to others and we will see what happens. I guess I should have said I would TRY to do this.

God Bless you

No comments: