Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Patience is NOT MY virtue

Here it is 3:43 in the afternoon. At 4:10 I am supposed to print out boarding passes to fly to Kansas to visit my grandpa who lost his wife in February and to vist my other Grandma and help my mother-inlaw celebrate her birthday. Problem is my son is still running a fever. It is only 100 degrees but that is still a fever and I can't risk making anyone back in KS sick. Sometimes, most of the time Patience is not my virtue. I prayed that God would make it clear to me if we should go or not and so far no lightning bolt has struck me so I am not sure if he got the message to send me a message. I think about Amy and Pat Hood and how they have waited two years to see the face of the baby girl they are adopting from China-now that is patience. Patience I don't have. I guess I will print out the boarding passes and just wait and see what God has planned for us. (I still wish he would send me a sign :)) of course he has sent me signs before that I chose to ignore because it wasn't really the answer I wanted. Do you ever do that? Pray to God for an answer and then reject the answer that he gives you. I find myself wanting to make deals w/ God all of the time. I remember one time I wanted a Starbucks Frappacino but I knew it was not healthy. I told God that if the light turned Red before I got to it I wouldn't go, the light was red so then I told him if it was busy I wouldn't stop. It was busy but I decided to go anyhow. When I got to the window I ordered and pulled forward. When I got my order I drove off and realized it was not what I ordered I had orded a icy coffee drink w/ whip cream and carmel what I got instead was straight coffee. I hate straight coffee. I ended up throwing it away, guess I shouldn't have tried to reason with God and I guess I should have learned a lesson....

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how honest you are......hope Trey is feeling better and that you guys had a good (uneventful) flight. We missed you are work.....it's just not the say without you!

See you Tuesday!
J

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about praying to God for an answer. Sometimes I'm not sure if it is an answer from God or my will deciding what I want to do. I experienced that this weekend, and hope I made the decision God wanted me to make. Thanks for your blog. I haven't had much experience with blogging, but I think it is great to read that other women are experiencing the same things as I am.