Friday, March 16, 2007

Its a process

Well we made it to Kansas. I am sitting here in what now is just my Grandpa's house. I didn't expect to miss my grandmother so much when I got here but my heart is breaking. I keep thinking that she will peek around the corner or something but she won't ever peep around a corner here again. I guess it is a process that one has to go through. It is so hard watching my children here at this house because I can tell they miss her also and I am trying so hard to be brave for them when all I want to do is find a corner and cry. I don't understand how you can have someone in your life for so long and then they not be there. I know that she is not hurting anymore but I sure wish that she was here. It is amazing how the absence of one person can change the feel of a house, I guess that is what it does it makes your home feel like a house. I keep thinking that I should not be sad as it has almost been a month since she died but I decided tonight that it is a process and that it will just take some time. I love you Grandma and I thank-you for everything you did for my family and for taking Mike in and treating him like he was one of your own and how good you were to my boys, you sure are missed....

No comments: