Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why are you so nice to me?

I am not deserving of the husband I have. I came home from work today and was soooo grouchy. We got back from KS late last night and I needed to go to the store but I didn't so therefore I had nothing to eat for breakfast or lunch today, I am PMSing and I am very tired. My wonderful, kind husband stayed home with the kids today since they are on spring break and went grocery shopping for me but wasn't able to find everything on my list. I came home from work and was so grouchy, I was complaining about the new roof that was put on while we were out of town, bitching because he didn't get everything on my list and feeling completely sorry for myself because I had to come home and iron clothes. I went into my closet and tried to cry but the tears wouldn't come, I prayed out to God that he would help change my attitude, even though I don't know if I really wanted him to because I was kind of enjoying feeling sorry for myself. My husband came in and held out his arms and told me that he was sorry that I was tired or had a bad day at work. I busted out crying and told him that I wasn't tired and I didn't have a bad day at work but that I really missed my grandmother, I was hungry, PMSing and was feeling sorry for myself. I told him I was sorry and I didn't mean to be so mean to him and he said I know you don't and just held me while I cried. I am so blessed to have this man in my life and I wanted to blog about it so the next time he drives me crazy and I want to scream I can maybe remember to read this blog and realize how lucky I am. I often wonder why it is so easy to treat him so poorly. I would never treat someone at work that way and I would never treat any of my friends like that yet this man who would stick up for me even if I wasn't in the right and loves me just where I am is the one that I dump on the most. He really could teach me a thing or to about love. I love that he knows me so well that I can take off all the masks and he meets me where I am in my life and loves me there. We all need someone like him in our lifes. Thank-you God for giving him to me.

God Bless you

No comments: